Monday, September 18, 2006

Extended Day, Overly On Edge

Today was Quinn's first full day at school. He got to take in his lunch box and was pretty excited. It's strange the things kids get excited about. The thing he really liked was the fact that Ginger used a label maker and put his name on the lunch bag, that was like the highlight of his day. And as I was driving them to school, he took out all the contents of his lunch and showed me everything he had for lunch.

Afterwards he told us he liked staying the extra time. And Ginger says he did fine when he hung out with her while Catherine was in ballet class today. But since he was at school for extended time, that means he didn't take a nap. I really don't know what was going on, because there have been a lot of other days where he hasn't taken a nap, and things haven't gotten too bad. But man, tonight was terrible. Every single thing was setting him off. If Catherine got a toy he wanted, he lost it. If he didn't hit the ball, he lost it. If Catherine had the unmitigated gall to try and play on the driveway where he was having his race, he lost it. Everything was just setting him off (I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled with him crying at the top of his lungs every two minutes).

Because of that we tried to make sure he got to bed a bit early tonight. He was asleep before eight thirty, so hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm kind of hoping this is just an adjustment thing since he's so used to taking a nap, it may take a while for him to get used to not taking one. I really hope that's the case, otherwise he may just end up going to bed at seven at night.

After the kids were asleep Ginger and I watched some of tonight's season premieres on TV tonight. We didn't really like the direction "How I Met Your Mother" took. "Two and a Half Men" was just weak overall, in addition to being weak it felt like they tossed out everything they had built up and rebooted to the show back to where they started. We're considering dropping it if it doesn't show signs of improvement next week (as of right now, it's on the bubble, for a comedy it really wasn't that funny). Finally we watched "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", which we both liked a lot. That show has now been added to our already over populated list of shows we're watching. At least a lot of my shows I was watching over summer are finishing up their seasons (Blade, Stargate Atlantis), so that will free up some of my time.

No pictures of the kids tonight. But I have this I took while over at the train stuff in Vienna this past weekend. I can't tell whether I like the black and white version better or the color one.



4 comments:

Scott said...

I prefer the color one.

Unknown said...

I like the color one, because it essentially looks like a b&w that you colored in, which for this picture is a cool effect.

We only have one new show starting this week -- America's Next Top Model.

mattfite said...

i agree -- color.

Barry said...

color