Friday, September 15, 2006

Need To Work On Hiding

So recently I've started getting "the calls" at work. Those calls where you answer and on the other end is your kid who, while crying their head off, has decided they need to talk to you about what's upsetting them. No warning or prep from Ginger, just answer the phone and crying kid. Luckily we actually have caller ID on the phones at work these days, so it doesn't come as a complete and total shock. Today it was Quinn who was upset because he got his NASCARs taken away from him (both the big ones and the small ones) for backtalking and general rudeness. Eventually I managed to talk him back down to where he wasn't as upset. At least I think I did, I didn't hear from Ginger whether what I did helped any.

He must have gotten over it though because everyone seemed fine by the time I actually came home, so I guess that's good. Quinn was a little upset because we didn't get to play baseball. When I talked to him on the phone I had told him that we could play some baseball outside when I got home provided it didn't rain. But unfortunately it did rain. I let him come out and play in the sandbox while I was cooking burgers on the grill, but that only lasted for like 3 minutes until he ended up getting his socks and shirt wet. Anyone that knows Quinn knows that he simply can't abide being dirty or wet (it's the oddest thing, most kids love playing dirt and stuff), so he came back inside to get 'cleaned up'.


While I was out cooking burgers on the grill, I noticed this huge spider web up on the roof of the screened in deck. This thing was huge. And the spider was big too, I was half afraid it was going to go Aliens on me and jump on my face and start feeding. The picture is a bit grainy since I had to really pump up the fill lighting in order to be able to see the web clearly. I thought about climbing up to get a closer shot, the fear of falling off the deck and breaking my neck (along with the face hugging spider paranoia) prevented me from getting any closer.


After dinner we played inside with the kids some. Eventually we played some hide and seek. Since I mentioned a while back how 'good' the kids are at it, I thought I would provide an example. Despite appearances those aren't some weird religious cult members, that's the kids hiding wrapped up in the curtains. Obviously since they can't see out, they think no one can see them.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Ok, the hide-and-seek pictures are pretty funny.

BullBunky said...

That is hysterical. You will be able to show that picture later in life :)