Friday, September 22, 2006

Room Mom

Today was a horrendously depressing day at work. Way more so than usual. But enough about my day. I got a minor break this morning when Ginger took the kids to school. She had a meeting at the school this morning as the parents discussed plans for the fall festival and some other things. Evidently Ginger has "volunteered" to be a room Mom. Which I think, if I got the skinny of the job description correct, is the parent that interfaces between the school and the teachers for things like Holiday presents, events and what not. I'm certain there are more job responsibilities than that, but I can't recall the other ones at the moment. Maybe Ginger will chime in with everything she has to do now.

I went ahead and picked up Quinn from school this afternoon so Ginger wouldn't have to. This let Catherine get a longer nap than she has been getting this week (since Ginger has been having to wake her up to go get Quinn from school in the afternoons). I was depressed enough with work that I almost stayed home once I dropped Quinn off, but with the sheer amount of crap I still have to do I headed back in to try and get some of the stuff on my plate cleared off (didn't really help, I barely made any progress on talking to the hardware I'm working with).

No pictures of the kids tonight. It's a shame too, Catherine was wearing this overalls jean / skirt thing with knee high socks this morning and she looked adorable. I'll have to try and get her picture in the morning next time she wears it (the socks were off by the time I got home tonight). Guess I'll leave with this flower image, it's another from Vienna last weekend.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Nice rose.