Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Vroom!

Ok, another picture in color versus black and white. I also took this one over in Vienna this past weekend. As you can tell from the barb wire, I'm not sure I was suppose to be in there taking the picture. But there wasn't anything at the base preventing me from getting in though.




And this is a short (under a minute) video that Quinn took when he attended the Nextel NASCAR race down in Richmond a couple of weeks ago. Even though the free tickets they got were 'good' seats, that means they're up high (so you can see almost all the track). The problem is 1) Quinn doesn't know how to use the zoom capability on the camera and 2) the poor guy is only three and a half feet tall, so being behind people he has a tough time seeing over them (I heard reports that whenever something exciting would happen everyone would stand up and he wouldn't be able to see anything). I must say, this seems a lot like football to me. Not comparing the two sports, but rather the spectator aspect of the sports. It's one of those things where if I wanted to watch this, I'm not sure I would want to be there watching it versus watching coverage on TV. It's not that exciting, just cars driving around a track (no wrecks or anything), but I guess it gives a feel for what one would experience if you attended one of these events (and weren't in the fancy schmancy indoor box seats with all the extras).


6 comments:

Unknown said...

B&W on that one.

Anonymous said...

I second -s

Scott said...

I'm going to still say I prefer the color. When the color pictures are essentially monochromatic (like the green light picture yesterday, and this one today), I think the one color thing works better than B&W. Just my opinion.

Buddy Tignor said...

color...almost looks like a duotone ;-)

Curt Sawyer said...

The wire is there to keep you from climbing it. That is why there wasn't anything stopping you from getting inside. At least that is my guess.

JamesF said...

Yea, he had a set of those noise reduction headset like you see a bunch of other people in the video wearing. I'll try and put up some pics of him with them on in the next post.