Tuesday, August 22, 2006

You Know You Love Him

This would have been posted sooner, but Google's instant upload wasn't so instant last night. After I uploaded it I got told further processing needed to be done before it would go live (and that it could be a while). I did some more investigating and found Google Video appears to be having upload problems on their backend:

There's going to be some scheduled maintenance starting Wednesday morning at 4 AM PST. New uploads and updates to the index will be disabled during this time. This means deletions and metadata changes won't be happening.

You'll also probably notice that the web-based uploader will not give a "live" page right away starting about now. We're doing our best to ensure that any videos already uploaded will go live, but you might have to wait a few days.

The homepage will still be live, and you can still watch your favorite videos in the meantime. We anticipate that everything will be back up and running by Thursday morning.

I'll post here again when things are back to normal, or if there are any more updates. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Well, something must be seriously wrong, because it was well before 4 AM PST when I tried to upload my video and it didn't go live. After searching some more I found this new gem had been posted on top of the "How long does video processing take" page.

Hello Google Video enthusiasts! Google Video will have scheduled maintenance starting Tuesday night, August 22nd, at 5 PM PST. During this time, it won't be possible to upload or delete videos or change metadata. You should be able to upload, delete and edit again by Thursday morning, August 24th. We apologize for any inconvenience.

YouTube is starting to look good in the meantime. So after a lot longer than I would have liked we're here! Finally! Brick is back! Plus there's a surprise guest appearance near the end.


9 comments:

Scott said...

Man, when Ginger is away, you really suffer, don't you?

Barry said...

You need help. You must have overdosed on the logo channel http://www.logoonline.com/ before making that movie!

Buddy Tignor said...

Barry White, Barbies, and was that the noodle ???

Oh My!

JamesF said...

Scott:
when Ginger is away, you really suffer

I beg to differ. I would say it's my visitors that have to suffer.

Barry:
You need help.

Like this is new information? And I had never heard of the logo channel or the logoonline site before. Thanks for that, I can't wait till work sees I went there.

Buddy:
and was that the noodle ???

Indeed it was.

BullBunky said...

You have outdone yourself, James.

Unknown said...

Yes officer, I believe that James F is currently hiding out in Bangkok and trying to arrange work as a toy salesman.

The Dogfather said...

You should've called! I could have lent some additional hands so the "girls" wouldn't all seem to be...um... dancing (yeah dancing, that's it) in synch...

And noodle looks... smaller. Was it cold in the studio?

Unknown said...

Should the noodle have one eye or two? Hmm.

JamesF said...

Should the noodle have one eye or two?

Oooo, that's good. I hadn't even considered that. Seriously though, you're now at three comments that have actually made me laugh out loud.