Sunday, August 27, 2006

Deep Thoughts On Supervising

The kids got up late today, and I got up even later. Ginger came in and told me we had 30 minutes before we had to leave for church, and I needed to get ready and no lollygagging. I rose in my half dead form from the bed, my eyes still adjusting and stumbled to the bathroom and thought to myself, why doesn't she want me to visit Buddy's blog?

For church Catherine wore her new dress. This is a dress that she picked out all by herself. When I asked who bought it she told me she did, with her own monies (and here I was unaware the child had the "monies"). In case you're wondering what's all over her arm, unfortunately that's her eczema (it's been pretty bad lately). After church we went to the mall briefly for Ginger to check out a piece of furniture at a store that's going out of business. I watched the kids in the play area while she went to check it out. I could kick myself, I left my camera out in the car. I could have gotten some nice shots of the kids playing (and bullying some of the other kids).

The rest of the day was non-eventful. We went home, Quinn and I played outside some, kids napped, Quinn and I played outside some more. Etc, etc. We had dinner out at Red Robin again tonight. That's our standard "no one feels like cooking let's go out" destination these days.

There was one amusing quote that Quinn provided me with today when we were outside. I was making him take the trash out to the curb (even though now he no longer likes doing it, I knew the fascination with that wouldn't last). As he was pulling the trash up the driveway he looked over at me and said "You're suppose to be helping."

I looked back at him and said "I'm supervising."

Without missing a beat, Quinn replied "Supervising is not helping!" Truer words were never spoken.

Lastly, I know this has been out there for a while now, but I've just gotten around to playing with it. Someone call off the alien invasion! I resisted the urge to link to Buddy and KennyG's pages with the dog choice.

2 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

Well I must agree with Ginger. You should get up and go to church. My blog is pretty damn good, but it should not be equated with or substitute for a religous experience :-)

The Dogfather said...

Heh... "My blog is pretty damn good, but it should not be equated with or substitute for a religous experience :-)" now that's funny!

I will say the wife was amused by the netdisaster dog demolition... although it might have been funnier if the big dog wasn't feeling so ill...
;-)