Monday, August 07, 2006

Ms Catherine Goes To The Allergist

Catherine had an appointment with her allergist today. The allergist was a bit concerned about the state of her eczema, so she'll start getting a lot more lotion put on at night now. Ginger also told me that they won't be testing her for an allergic reaction to peanuts again until she's five. Evidently there's only a 'slim' chance of her losing her sensitivity to peanuts. That was pretty depressing news for me since I was really hoping she had a chance of getting past that (I know Ginger already knew Catherine probably wouldn't get past it and has long ago come to grips with the reality of it, but I'm still living in my fantasy world).

Not really much else to report today other than we cooked out on the grill again for dinner (mental note: need to put away the grill). One thing did happen while I was at work today that I found highly amusing. As I was waiting on Solaris to release access to a socket I had bound earlier I was checking out some news stories and saw one about Joe Lieberman. It gave a rundown of some of his voting stances and his current situation. There wasn't anything really special about the article itself, but it was a site that did targeted keyword advertising. What I found especially humorous was the line where it referenced a vote Joe had made concerning illegal aliens and the corresponding context ad. I think Ebay should ask for a refund, unless they've got a larger selection of stuff for sale than I thought.

1 comment:

Curt Sawyer said...

Maybe they should also have offered the book, 1001 uses for an illegal alien.

Ok, that was really bad.

The american moderate party is backing Liberman, FYI.