Thursday, August 24, 2006

Google Video Is Back Online

Seems like Google has their video upload service back online and was able to remove whatever gremlins were causing it problems. Google even processed the Barbie Brick video from a couple of nights ago, so now you can view it on YouTube or Google Video, your choice.

And here's a little Music Jam with Ginger and the kids. It's about two minutes long, but you're not going to see really anything new after the first 30 seconds or so.



Speaking of Ginger and the kids, they come back tomorrow, so that should be fun. I wonder if they'll nap on the way back? Hard to believe the kids start school in another couple of weeks. It really doesn't seem like they've been out that long. I can say that because I'm not the one that has to take care of them every single day while I go off to work. So I'm sure Ginger has a different opinion on the subject. I probably should try and take a day off and hang out with them before they head back.

One last question. Does anyone know of free software that will ghost an XP drive. I found a freeware tool that might work, but I can't tell if it only does sector copies (it does say byte-for-byte in addition to sector-for-sector, but I can tell if it would keep things bootability of the drive intact after a copy). The drive I want to copy from is 200 Gig and the drive I want to copy to is 250 Gig, so I doubt the sector / cylinder sizes are identical. This DrvClone looks good, but I was hoping someone else out there had used something and could point me to a tool they know is simple and robust.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Fun video of the children.

On Wed night, I tried to upload a video to Google using the web uploader, and like you, saw that it was down. So I used the application uploader, though I knew it would take several days to approve it.

What's amazing is that the file was approved the next morning, even while the online uploader was still down. Granted, it was small, only about 7M, but still, I was amazed.

Barry said...

Have you noticed a huge increase in the views your movies have in the Google report? Seems last week several of my movies starting to get double digit views per day; sometimes high double digits.

JamesF said...

I didn't even think about using the application uploader. But since I was looking to get the video up that night, it wouldn't have helped me much. But it is kind of neat that seemed to work even when the rest of the stuff was offline.

Have you noticed a huge increase in the views your movies have in the Google report?

Nope. My views have been fairly consistent (meaning there's only one or two ever in double digits on any given day).

Unknown said...

Well I put up the video in this blog post last night and it got picked up by deadspin.com. At last check it had 6300 views today.

JamesF said...

At last check it had 6300 views today.

Well, my Barry White Brick video is already up to 39 views on YouTube. Let's see, do the double dipping math and I think maybe 20-25 people watched it.

To be honest though, I'm not expecting to get a lot of views. It's not something that's going to show up on searches.

Unknown said...

Well I couldn't do 6300 on my own. It's all about getting the post picked up.

I'm just blown away by the sheer number of people with 5 minutes to kill.