Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wild Bill Quinn

Last night when we were out the kids heard the song "I wanna be like you" (from Disney's "The Jungle Book") on Ginger's iPod. I felt it was my responsibility as the only resident cartoon watching adult to explain to them what was going on in the song since they've never seen the movie and they were digging the song. Once I explained it had dancing monkeys and bear in disguise in it they really wanted to see it. So I told them we could watch it today when I got home. Evidently we're well past the stage where you can mention something to them and they forget within a couple hours. I basically got accosted when I arrived home tonight with the kids demanding we watch the dancing monkeys. So I broke out the DVD, pulled off the shrinkwrap and popped it in. And then was disgusted that it was full screen (to be fair, Ginger is the one that first noticed). I checked the DVD and it states it is presented in the original theater aspect ratio of 1.33:1, so my question is this: Is what used to be considered theater aspect ratio basically full screen today? And to finish it out, the kids loved watching the song, but I was pretty sure they would.

Tonight's dinner battle was brought to you by Papa Johns. Yep, a tiny bit of cheese pizza was what we fought over tonight. I think it was about the size of a peanut M&M. Luckily tonight didn't go as long as some previous nights. He kept complaining about the fact that it had sauce on it. I think we were only there for about 20 minutes extra tonight, but he did eventually eat the Pizza. And while he made a face when he ate it, he didn't go into gag reflexes like he has in past with other stuff. So we're slowly getting there (very slowly). So that's two new food items down out his seven needed for the toy.


After dinner I let the kids horse around on the sofa by removing the cushions and letting them make a fort out of it and jump around on it. They love doing that. In fact, they love doing it almost as much as Ginger hates for them to do it. I suspect there's some sort of inverse relationship there as to why they like it so much.

There were a lot of 'fun' new items today. From Radio Shack telling 400 people they were fired via email (I wonder if any of them thought it was spam and never read it). To the Katie Couric fiasco with them digitally altering her publicity photo. Gives all new meaning to those lose weight now spam ads. I wonder if they're planning on slimming her down every night in the news also? Also, there was a report today about how obesity in adults has increased in 31 states. I went ahead and checked to see where the state of Virginia faired and we rank almost right in the middle at rank 25 (out of 51, D.C. was included). Unfortunately I don't think it's ranked from slim to obese, so we're somewhere between healthy and not so healthy here. On the positive side, we were not one of the states singled out as having a significant increase from the last survey (meaning we stayed about where we were). In light of that, I would like to thank those other people in Virginia that lost weight between the last survey and this one that made up for me gaining it.

Finally tonight. Let's play a game from the old Highlights magazine. See if you can spot the major difference in the follow two pictures.




We moved these monstrosities down into the basement. Did one each night (one last night and one tonight). These things in addition to being huge are pretty darn heavy. Being the guy holding the entire thing from the bottom as we went down the stairs I was pretty sure I was going to be crushed and Ginger would be getting a ton of extra cash from life insurance. But in the end, I made it through it and we got the things moved. The reason for moving them is we have to make room for the new furniture that will eventually be showing up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It wasn't that he didn't want pizza, he just wanted Faccia Luna, not Papa John's :)

The Dogfather said...

Oh oh I see the differences!

1. The bud vases appear on the table.
2. The lamp is on now.
3. The TV is off.
4. The red folder is missing.
5. There's a stack of cd/dvds on top of the components
6. The TiVo has stopped recording.

Dang. I can't find 10. Now I don't get a cookie.
*sigh*

(and *laffin* good one -s)