Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fashion Emergency

So lately we've been letting Quinn pick out his own clothes to wear. Ginger usually allows this to occur, but then will go in and if need be suggest some changes to make the outfit match. This is because having him wearing colors that don't match is one those things that bothers her. This morning Quinn picked out his clothes and wouldn't budge as far as changing anything. Ginger wanted to make it known that she didn't approve the coordination of the outfit. Me? To be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with what he was wearing (I guess Quinn gets it honest).

Catherine had ballet again today, I think she only has a couple more classes (if that) left for the summer session.

So has anyone ever created their own salt lick? We've noticed some deer in the backyard a couple of times (usually I don't have time to get pictures, and the one time I did they were really out of focus). I've read the Wikipedia entry on Salt Lick's, and while it mentions how to go about making one an artificial one, it doesn't specify where one would acquire the mineral enriched salt blocks. I wonder if the Farm Bureau would have them?

7 comments:

Barry said...

I think he looks pretty fashionable. What that says about me, I'm not sure ;-)

Scott said...

So really, what is wrong with his clothes? I mean, khaki shorts go with everything, right? (Seriously.)

JamesF said...

I think the color is off a little in the picture, but the shorts are actually a light lime green. I still didn't see anything wrong with it personally.

The Dogfather said...

OMG. You men.

Clearly his shoes make a statement. And it's not a statement you want to make. In trying to tie in the shoes to both the shirt and the shorts, you've created an hue conflict of epic proportions. Now... it's not as bad as "White after Labor Day", but still something you need to address. And the lime has a specific tonal clash with the orange and yellow in the top. Clearly he needs a standard neutral in the shorts. I recommend a nice even khaki, or perhaps even black or white. (Navy MIGHT be an acceptable one, but as a cautionary note, with the nacy in his top, it's very easy to get hues that are too close but different).

The whistle as an accessory, while dated, is still acceptable. It may be time to discuss the usage of hair "product" and the joys of a styling brush and hair dryer.

And for heaven's sake. Keep him away from the white belts.

;-)

JamesF said...

Hey, I take umbrage at that white belt comment.

Curt Sawyer said...

So ahead James, scan in that picture of you, Rhonda, and me at that wedding back in 1998 and let the world see how truly bad we all were in terms of fashion!!!

Curt Sawyer said...

Whoops! I meant 1988!!