Saturday, August 05, 2006

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition Pool Post

As I threatened yesterday, today we went to the pool and Ken and Amanda joinged us. We spent about 2 and a half hours there. It was a great day to be there. I was actually a little surprised more people weren't there. Quinn got in first and informed us all that the water was "Super Duper Cold". Not sure why he said that though, the water was just about the warmest I've ever felt it. It was almost like being in a hot tub with the temperature set really low.

At some point Ken used my camera and I think he must have changed the camera setting and put it into shutter priority mode (I didn't really notice until tonight when I was looking at my pictures on the computer). For most of the shots it didn't matter too much, but it really threw the camera for a loop in some places where it obviously would have liked to use a faster shutter speed. It's too bad, I ended up having a couple of shots I took not turn out that were shots I'm sure Scott would have liked. So without too much more fanfare, I present the shots that I could salvage (and I even put a couple of non kid shots in there for grins).










I included the shot above simply because I thought it looks like I had to have photoshopped it. Amanda looks like a bobble head or something with the way the water is distorting her body to make it seem so tiny.




Check it out. Quinn's jumping into the deep end and I'm not even near. He's gotten to the point where he can swim, thrash / tread / breath and then swim some more. This is really good progress for him I think. It's a good thing too because the lifeguard that was there today was new and was a Pool Nazi ("no pool for you, come back next week"). He got all over our case when Catherine went to jump off the board and I was under it holding her hand while she jumped giving me this lecture about how that was against the rules. I asked him if he was new around, because I had been doing this with the kids for the past two years and he's the first lifeguard that's had a problem with it. Considering I was there straddling a pool noodle for added flotation, and Ginger was right by the board, I really fail to see how we were being unsafe. But he "wasn't comfortable" with it and made Catherine leave. He's obviously new and not jaded to the point where he doesn't care what happens to people in the pool yet.


This one I just like the water droplets in the air.

Later once the kids woke up from their naps we headed over to PetsMart and bought Catherine a new fish. We went in looking to get her a new pleco, but we ended up leaving with a bumblebee catfish. And the one we got is obviously timid, since all it's done so far is hide behind the heater in the tank (which, come to think of it, is the same thing the pleco used to do all the time).

3 comments:

Scott said...

Too bad about the "ones that didn't turn out." Sounds like I woulda liked them! But nice shots that did turn out.

BullBunky said...

You know, I was reading peacefully along, minding my own business, sipping a calm morning latte. When out of the blue, you threw in "straddling a pool noodle" and made me choke on my drink. Too funny.

Curt Sawyer said...

When out of the blue, you threw in "straddling a pool noodle" and made me choke on my drink. Too funny.

Just don't visualize. Dear God, just don't visualize.

;-)