Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Cotton Candy's Gone!

I had lunch with KennyG today. We ate the Mongolian place up near where he works. His new and our former co-worker Ken joined him as well. For me, any excuse to go there is a good one.

I see over on Scott's page that Blogger has some new interface out. Like everything associated with Google (Google owns blogger) it's currently in beta. Took me a long time to figure out what was going on since I never saw the option to try out the beta interface. So I fired up GTalk and asked Barry what was going on. After we swapped screenshots back and forth for a bit (which let me just interject that the new feature in GTalk for image / file passing that they just recently added is so very very cool) I finally figured out I'm apparently not eligible. Seems you can't test out the beta interface if you are a member of a team blog. And since I'm on the team that does the Stranger's blog I don't qualify. And they've got special code that doesn't even display the beta option if they can determine you're not eligible. Now that I think about it I've been pretty negligent about posting anything new to the Strangers blog recently, maybe I'll scan through my stuff and see if I have anything I can put up. As for the new Blogger interface I'm guessing it has something to do with switching the underlying format of the blog and since not all team members may switch at the same time, they just disallowed anyone on a team from switching. Basically it sounds as if the server and client pieces need to change in lockstep, which makes me wonder how they're ever going to switch the rest of us over eventually (my guess is things will go down at some point and time in the future for maintenance and when it comes back up, everyone will be using the new interface by default).

Today continued the streak of us trying to get Quinn to eat something new. He apparently picked out a frozen dinner he wanted to try at the store. He picked a corn dog meal and Catherine picked out a chicken meal with a drumstick. After Quinn didn't eat anything except for the bread around the hot dog it evidently turned into a stand-off between him and Ginger. I hear it lasted almost two hours before he finally tried it and then threw up. Later after I got home I was able to get him to at least bite into an orange slice tonight. For those that wonder how Catherine did, she evidently ate most of her's (eating fried chicken is a new thing for her).

Oh, one other piece of news. Quinn has decided he doesn't want to be called Quinn anymore and wants to start going by a different name. He even told the cashier at the grocery store today. It'll be interesting to see how long that one lasts. Thing is, I think I did the same thing when I was close to his age (a couple years older actually). Back then everyone was calling me Jamie, but I think I decided around that time frame that I wanted to be called James instead. If you're wondering why I decided on the name change, I would love to be able to say it's because I was asserting my independence, but really it was in large part because of all the teasing I took due to the Bionic Woman having the name Jamie also.

And to round out the evening tonight I've got a mini movie of Catherine from dinner a couple of weeks ago. This was filmed when Quinn was down in Richmond, so it was just the three of us here. Catherine had just finished her dinner and was having some cotton candy as a treat. Not much here since it's straight film with no scene switches or any special effects. This was more to show how trusting my little girl can be. Clocks in a little over two minutes.


2 comments:

Scott said...

So, what's up with Kenny?

What's Quinn want to be called. I didn't hear you say what it is? Quincy? Q-Master-Flash?

The Dogfather said...

Nothin's up with Kenny. What's up with Scooter?

Heh... Quincy. I like that one. I think I'll start using that. Good call.

Personally I like how Catherine immediately looks to James for the missing items. I dunno how "trusting" she is. She certainly seems to know who causes the shenanigans there.
*grin*