Saturday, August 19, 2006

Night Of The Living Pool Post

It's Saturday, and you know what that means! Nope, not cartoons (although good guess, but really there hasn't been a decent Saturday morning cartoon since X-Men: Evolution went off the air). Around these parts Saturday means it's pool post day.

Ginger had a stamping party to attend today, so I took the kids to the pool. I'm sorry to report there will be no noodle pictures today (I know, you're heartbroken, and after they were so popular last week too). Since I was soloing with the kids, it was inevitable that I botched a couple of things. Last week when we went, we didn't put suntan lotion on Quinn since he's already so tan, and I thought that applied to this week also. The reason we didn't do it last week though was we didn't go to the pool until much later in the day. So Quinn got a little red. Along those same lines, I only put lotion on Catherine's face and shoulders and she ended up getting a bit red on her arms. I can't tell if they're actually burned, but if they are, it's my fault. Anyway, on to the pictures. Since I was the only parental unit there today, there aren't a lot of pictures (I can hear the sighs of relief from the crowd).








Quinn has continued to use his camera. Today he's found the video setting. He's been making videos all day long (already filled the memory card twice). The camera he has uses two AA batteries, and the LCD must just suck the juice right out of them. Since Quinn uses the LCD as he takes the video, and again when he watches them (multiple times I might add), he has been burning through batteries. Between his photos last night and the videos today he's on his third set of batteries. If we're going to have him continue this hobby, we may need to reinvest in some rechargable batteries. To give you a sense of a Quinn movie, I uploaded one of his clearer ones (trust me, several seconds focused on one subject for him is as laid back as he gets).



From the sound of things Ginger had a pretty good time at the stamping event. She won a hostess prize or something and got a ton of free stuff (and most people know my philosophy, free is good). I'll try and include pictures of the cards she made for the event tomorrow. Once Ginger got back home we had the kids nap for a bit. For dinner we went out to eat at Red Robin. The kids were a bit disappointed. Usually when we go to Red Robin, they have the Cartoon Network on the TVs and Tom & Jerry is playing. Tonight though they were showing a Redskins game on almost all the TVs (I had no idea Football season had started already, as you can tell, I follow this stuff closely).

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

I'm sure -s will be disappointed that there will be no giant noodle shot.

Buddy Tignor said...

On Sunday mornings I have important rituals that I adhere to.

1. take the dogs on a run in the woods or at a park (they live for this activity)
2. Watch CBS Sunday Morning News Show
3. Make good coffee
4. Read paper

and to think I was about to add view shot of James' Noodle from Saturday Pool Post to these other 4 things I have been doing for a decade ;-)

Unknown said...

It's long enough that you should be able to take pictures of it even if you're by yourself.