Sunday, August 06, 2006

Do Nothing Sunday

Quinn got up early this morning, like 6:45 or something. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but he was still awake at 7:15, and eventually I stopped trying to fight it and just let him get up.

Ginger had nursery at church this morning, so once everyone else was up, we all had to get ready quick since we needed to be at church earlier than normal. I barely made getting ready in time and escaped the fate of getting left behind (don't laugh, it's happened before).

After church we hit Wegman's and did some shopping with what I believe must have been just about every other family in the area. That place is crowded on the weekends. After that we all came home and didn't really do much. For some reason every little thing was setting Quinn off (it's almost like he was really tired or something), so it was too long before everyone napped (me included). Once Quinn did get up, he wanted to watch today's NASCAR race, so we let him do that for a while. Because he watched the race, we never even made it outside to play (which is a shame since the temperature was only in the high 80s). Quinn's favorite part of the race was when there was a wreck and they showed the view from the camera in the car behind the wreck. Tha car drove through the smoke and ran over a large piece of debris and was momentarily airborne. Quinn thought that was like the best thing he had ever seen (he even was suggesting that we save that race on the TiVo so he could go back and watch the car run over the debris again).

While the race was winding down I broke in the replacement gas tank for the grill and cooked some chicken. Ginger used some Italian dressing or something for marinating it (a trick from KennyG) and I must say it was very tasty. Too bad I dropped two pieces into the grill when I was cooking (in my defense, they were sliced as strips and were very very thin).

So basically we didn't do much of anything today (hence no pictures either). I did have to go into work tonight and adjust some schedules for a proposal. I tried to wait until the kids were in bed, but when 9:30 rolled around and they had just started reading books, I decided I couldn't wait any longer.

I also learned today that V For Vendetta came out on DVD last week. Now I've missed being able to pick it up at a reduced price since all the chains have already bumped the price back up to $20.

1 comment:

The Dogfather said...

Remind me to show you my "spatu-tongs" they are excellent for grilling strips. (You can also put long strips of foil down, NOT the whole sheet, just strips that make it harder for the chicken to fall through. Ask me how I know....)

Shame about V. My wife picked up a copy for me. And credit where credit is due, she totally got me when I got home by telling me that she had gotten the "Full Screen" edition like she was supposed to. To which I said "WHAAAAT?!", I knew I'd been had when she burst out laughing moments later. Clever girl. It was such a great movie. Maybe it'll be on sale soon?

Cheers!