Friday, August 18, 2006

The World According To Quinn

Quinn has decided he wants to have pictures he took up on the blog. He also has decided he wants one of the 'buttons' that lets you take the pictures for his camera. After he talked a little more it soon became obvious he was talking about a remote like I have for my camera. I explained that I didn't know if his camera even had the remote as an option, but that he could use the timer mode. After showing him how to set the camera in timer mode (apparently with his camera you have to reset the mode after every picture) he was off and taking pictures around the house (hardest problem he had was where he was going to set the camera, oh, did I mention he decided he wants a tripod also?). Believe or not, the timer mode has actually improved his picture taking since now he's not shaking the camera around as he's taking the picture (his camera has one of those long delays between taking pressing the button and taking the picture, so I think that's been hampering him some). The only problem so far has been the focus. I'm not sure when his camera decides to focus, whether it's when the button is pressed or when the picture is taken. Since he's posing himself and others in the picture, if it's when the button is pressed, sometimes no one is in the shot at that point and that might account for some of the blurring (or it could be his camera since it was really cheap and only cost $50 (but he loves it). Guess I could have fixed the red eye in some of the shots, but I didn't think of that till I had already uploaded the pictures.









1 comment:

Barry said...

Very good pictures.