Thursday, August 03, 2006

Deja Vu

Let's see, minor details no one really cares about for the day. Ginger and Quinn went to the pool. The neighborhood playdate group was there, so now Ginger knows at least one person in that group. They only stayed for a couple of hours so that they wouldn't burn, although from talking to Ginger, it sounds like she might have gotten burned a bit (it doesn't show though). After dinner tonight we took Quinn out for a milkshake. That's about as exciting as things got.

And for me, I tried replacing the smoke detectors in the house tonight. We bought several new ones, one of which is for smoke and carbon monoxide. That dual one is the one we wanted to use upstairs, but it appears to be battery only and the ones already in the house are wired with battery backup. The other ones in the house I need to replace are wired using what appears to be a proprietary company wiring connector which the new ones have something completely different (of course). I didn't really want to have to strip and rewire the connections though, so I may look and see if the company that made the ones we had before is still making them and if they are see if they're using the same connectors (wow, I'm not even sure I understand that sentence and I wrote it).

I tried mucking with trying to get the video effect I wanted a little more tonight. I'm still using Microsoft Movie Maker, but man is it tedious, error prone, downright unfriendly and just plain sloooooooow. Looks like if I really want to do special effects I may need to buy (*gasp*) a program to do it. I already have Pinnacle's Studio 7, but that doesn't appear to have any features Movie Maker doesn't (I'm sure if I upgrade to the Latest Ultimate Deluxe Studio it would have more features). Anyway, the first running scene is now closer to what I wanted with the after images trailing Quinn as he runs (at least it looks like that before I upload it, who knows what it'll look like once the compression hits it). It's still not exactly what I want, but much closer than before. I also shortened the running scene but chopping off part of the end of that scene where you got to watch the grass grow for three seconds (would you believe that after Ginger first watched it that her first comment was "Why do we have to see that shot of the grass for three seconds?"). This meant I had to elongate the second scene though, which caused problems trying to keep the timing right for the last sound effect. Oh yea, and I lengthened the movie by 1 sec since sometimes when it was playing the end sound effect was sometimes getting cut off (I'm not sure why it plays differently at different times unless it's memory usage related).

No comments: