Monday, August 14, 2006

Like Rain On Your Wedding Day

So I had a mini milestone over the weekend on Google Video. I had a video that actually broke 1000 views. What I don't understand is why. It's not even one I posted here (at least I don't think I did). It's a video of Quinn dancing to some video game music when he was like one and a half. I mean, I know it's bad. I've even had some people give it the 1 star rating. And yet, people apparently keep clicking on it.

Not much to report from the homestead tonight. Catherine is eating oranges again. That's kind of new. Last year there was one day at school that Catherine tried some orange slices and liked them. Then after that day whenever we tried to give her orange slices, she wouldn't eat them. And now we've come full circle and after this past weekend she's eating them again (and I mean really eating them, to the point where she's asking for them at every meal). I even managed to get Quinn to drink a bit of the juice from one. It wasn't much, maybe a quarter of a teaspoon worth of liquid, but it felt like a big accomplishment.


So I don't really want to get too political on this blog since I know I have some people reading that are pretty far to the right (Hi Mom) and some people on the other side as well. But as I was driving home tonight listening to the news I heard some excerpts from Bush talking about the recent conflict between Israel and Hezbolla in light of the recently UN brokered cease fire. And it just floors me to hear him say some of the stuff he does. In this case, I actually agreed with what he said. The problem being that coming from him it sounded so hypocritical. Anyway, I decided to make a motivational poster about it. But I wasn't able to find a high rez photo of the image I wanted, so it ended up looking like crap. That of course didn't prevent me from putting it up anyway.


Technically I don't even think that falls under the strict definition for the word irony. I'm guessing it probably doesn't and I should have gone with "hypocritical" instead, but for some reason that seemed to be making more of a statement than trying to show something humorous.

8 comments:

Scott said...

Your understanding of the word "irony" is only slightly better than Alanis's.

Speaking of Google Videos, at one time, I had a video of the boys goofing off in the living room. As it turned out, it was like my third most popular video with well over a thousand clicks. Barry and I tried to figure out why, and decided that because the preview picture had Luke standing on a piano bench in his underwear, that there were a lot of sickos clicking on it. So I deleted it from Google. We don't need that kind of attention.

Curt Sawyer said...

Hypocritical would have worked just fine.

Unknown said...

It came out better than my photoshop job on Curt's boat!

The videos of our kids that I have on YouTube only have about max 20 views. Part of that is probably the fact that the name and keywords for the videos are garbled text, and part of it may be that YouTube has more videos than Google so it's harder for one video to stand out.

This is my only video that's over 1,000 views.

Unknown said...

I like how you give the videos a southern flavor with the redneck-sounding guy doing voiceovers.

Oh wait...

JamesF said...

I tried look at that video on YouTube, but the entire site seems b0rked at the moment.

And you implying I sound like a redneck?

Unknown said...

Just more southern than I would have imagined.

YouTube was down this morning, but it looks like it's back. How dare they do that during a workday!!

JamesF said...

Can't argue the southern part too much. I'm sure it's there more than I would like. I would have taken issue with the redneck stuff before, but heck, my kid likes NASCAR.

Nice explosion on the video.

Peter Brackney said...

capt sawyer pointed out that we had the same thought American Moderate Party The irony is amazing, isn't it?