Friday, August 04, 2006

Catherine's Back

Same joke as before that I did with Quinn (which I don't think anyone got), but this time with a picture of Catherine instead of Quinn. So as of today Catherine is back home. Ginger drove down and met Grammy in Fredricksburg and picked up Catherine. Then after checking out a store or two Ginger and the kids headed back home.

We had a casualty in the fish tank today. The clown pleco has passed on. It is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a late pleco! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! It's metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It... is an EX-PLECO!

Thing is, even though Ginger warned Catherine about this fact, she's still pretty upset about it. And when I came home she was still looking in the fish tank trying to find the pleco. So we'll probably be heading out to the store to find a replacement tomorrow. I'm trying to convince Ginger that we can just buy a regular pleco instead of a clown pleco. Who cares if it keeps growing, it'll be a long time till it gets too big (and at the rate things are currently going, it'll be dead long before it's size is an issue).

We also plan on hitting the pool tomorrow, and who knows, there may even be pictures (there's something no one that visits here has seen before I'm sure).

2 comments:

Scott said...

Good Python reference... much better then the "back" gag. (Which I didn't get until you pointed it out.)

Curt Sawyer said...

I got it. I think I have the "Lobo's Back" comic as well.