Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ginger Stole My Car

Ok, so maybe stole is a bit inaccurate. We had to take Ginger's into the shop to get the back passenger seat belt fixed so that when Catherine upgrades to the next size car seat the seat belt is ready. The good news is that this was a free fix. The bad news is this is one more thing that broke. The other bad news is this meant that Ginger needed to take my car for the day, so I had to get chauffeured to and from work. By the time Ginger picked me up from work and we picked up her car and got home, it was almost 8. The kids and I played outside a bit until dinner was ready. Catherine dug in the mulch and made piles which were "cakes" that she made for me (she's so thoughtful). Quinn on the other hand simply played soccer, rode his bike and played some baseball. It was probably somewhat good that it was so late that we were outside, because with the heat for the past couple of days, I'm not sure I could have stood being outside any earlier. Yesterday was in the low 90s and today was at least the high 80s. Even being outside for as little as I was and as late as it was, I was still sweating by the time I came inside. And I know it was hot yesterday since I was on one of the floors at work that had no AC yesterday. That was positively brutal, luckily it was fixed today.

And finally I did manage to locate one last beach vacation picture to put up. I wasn't going to share this one, but I got some ribbing about it at lunch the other day for not posting it. I think I'll simply say this picture represents 'the end' of this post (I can already hear the groans).


3 comments:

Scott said...

Huzzah!!! Now that's a photo! Glad to see this blog is finally getting classy!

I do like that camera of yours!

Anonymous said...

How old are those girls?

JamesF said...

Not sure of their age, but I'm guessing mid to late college age. The house that was next to ours had a slew of people fresh from college (whether it was graduation or simply a bunch of friends getting a place once school was out I don't know). I don't know for sure they were from that group though. So who knows.