Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Annual Checkup

Quinn's annual doctor visit was today. And the gang stopped by and picked me up from work on the way to the doctor. I'm happy to report he's doing well and apparently has grown a fair amount (he jumped up a full 1/4 percentile from his visit last year for height). Everything seemed good. He did better on the eye chart than I could without my glasses, so that's promising (although I didn't end up needing glasses until around high school). He did get a shot. He wasn't too thrilled with that, but didn't cry or anything (just a really loud "OW" and a nasty indignant look for the nurse). We mentioned his eating habits (or I should say lack thereof), and to be honest I was a little surprised that the doctor didn't seem that concerned. Obviously she indicated that she would like for him to eat some fruit and vegetables, but she didn't seem overly concerned that he wasn't eating them.

They dropped me back off at work after the doctor appointment while they went home for naps (the way I feel today, I wish I could have gone with them). Once I got home we played outside for a bit. Quinn tested out his new golf clubs. Based on his performance I'm going to have to come up with some retirement plans since it's obvious he won't be supporting me later in life with his golf winnings. Tiger Woods he isn't. Catherine eventually joined us, and was working on some quest. She was trying to "find the green cat in dirt in the jungle". I know, it didn't make a lot of sense to me either at the time, but you just sort of nod like you understand and hold the 'kitty' in your hand while she looks for the next clue. Quinn then got his Hovercraft out and played with that. Because of that I almost titled this entry "Cheaply Manufactured Toys Suck III". He just got this thing on what, Sunday I believe? It's already broken in two places. Now I know it's just hard styrofoam, but still, I was expecting to get at least a month's worth of play out of it. Maybe I'll exchange it and keep exchanging it as they break. I would just return it and be done with it, but he seems to really like it. What's that? That my friends was a segue if I ever read one. The following video is from Sunday as Quinn was playing with the Hovercraft for the first time (it's a bit long at three minutes and to be honest, for anyone but family, a bit monotonous after the first minute and a half).



Quinn Plays With His New Hovercraft

No comments: