Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Want To Pee On The Sand

I couldn't decide between that for the title of the post, or "MC Hammock: It's Hammock Time". The title is a quote from Quinn when we were at the beach. And no, we didn't let him pee on the sand.



We spent a lot longer in the pool today than we have for the past couple of days. This put us a bit behind schedule. Not that we're really on a schedule, but we didn't end up getting out of the pool until close to twelve thirty. No hot tub today. The temperature on it was 100 when we opened it. We dialed it down to 91 before we got into the pool, and well over an hour later the temperature on the hot tub actually went up to 101 (from being in the sun I suppose). The forecast for today was suppose to be a high of 71, but the thermometer was showing 100+ in the sun and low 80s when it was in the shade. So it was a warm one today.





We had planned on going to the beach after lunch, but Catherine was having one meltdown after another during lunch. We assumed it was a combination of her being tired coupled with being hungry, but once getting some food into her it only slightly diminished the number of meltdowns, so we decided she would have to have a nap immediately (missing her nap yesterday and getting less sleep than usual last night has really taken a toll on her). Quinn didn't nap while Catherine did, and once Catherine did wake up, we went outside and played some.





For some reason the picture of Quinn above reminds me of Hee Haw. The house next to ours has a children's play set. The people staying there this week appear to be college students from UVA. I had talked to them earlier in the week and they said they had no problem if we used the play equipment. So the kids played on that for a bit then we decided to hit the beach anyway. I mean, we're not going there for the sun, we're just going so the kids can play in the sand and surf. So we did some beach stuff. We dug some holes, put footprints in the sand and let the waves wash them away. The beach was pretty vacant except for us and the occasional beach walker. It's too bad we didn't take Quinn's kite. I think the wind would have been really conducive to kite flying.





By the time we headed home, it was time for dinner. While Ginger was cooking dinner, I cruised to the end of the block and snapped some pictures of the sunset across the sound. I really need a new laptop. This one I'm using is just unusable. I can't run GTalk or Picasa on it (they require Windows 2000 or XP, the laptop is running Windows ME). The laptop only has 96 MB of RAM, so doing just about anything practically brings the machine to it's knees. And the hard drive is only 9 Gig, and there's only about 700 Meg still available and I've been loading pictures my Mom and I have been taking on it so that's been eating into the 'swap' space. I would complain even more, but it was given to us, so I shouldn't complain too much (that doesn't appear to have stopped me though). Anyway, what I was getting at is I've gotten used to being able to see images and to do some minor tweaking to them if the camera setting on automatic went nuts. That hasn't been the case while I've been down here. To be honest, even the pictures I do put up, I can't really tell how they look (the monitor on this laptop is pretty bad). I may revisit some of the pictures next week once I'm back home. And finally, for some crazy reason Scott wanted to see my sunburn. Since I imagine not everyone is interested (and to be honest, Scott probably was just kidding about the sheer number of pictures I put up) if you really want to see the burn, click the linkie.





1 comment:

Barry said...

I think the stripes on the sleeves of Quinn's shirt kind of makes it look like he's wearing overalls; enhancing the Hee Haw effect.