Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Memorial Day Weekend Checklist:
  1. Grill some food
  2. Hit the pool
    • Check: Went to pool on Monday
  3. Travel insane distance across the country
    • Not A Chance: What? You think we're crazy?




While we were on vacation I vaguely remember mentioning that our heated pool at the beach house seemed cold when the water was 70 degrees. After today, I have to say that I would welcome the 'cold' temperature of 70 degrees. I have no idea what the water temperature was in the pool today, but man it was cold. I almost didn't even get in, but Quinn and Catherine really wanted to go and jump in at the 5 feet deep area. Before that they had been playing with Ginger in the two and a half foot section of the pool (which is just the right depth for them). I think we were at the pool for around an hour or so. We would have stayed longer but we had a schedule today. We still had to get home, shower, eat lunch, have the kids nap, bake cookies and then head over Barry's place for dinner.

Dinner was fun. The kids had a blast playing with someone else's toys. Didn't matter if they already owned the toys at home, the fact that they were at someone else's house made playing with them that much more fun somehow. I think the kids are still somewhat wary of Tipper, but they sort of got over that as the night went on. I also got a chance to see the infamous carpet. And Barry "I'm just a cook" grilled us up a tasty healthy meal followed by some really good watermelon.

No comments: