Sunday, May 21, 2006

Adjusting To Non-Vacation Life

We got back late last night. Both kids went to sleep pretty quick. And then it was time to unload the car and unpack (I'm half done anyway). I also engaged in rousing games of "Don't step in the cat throw up", "Find the cat poop" and "What is that smell?" (while "What is that smell?" can be a variation on "Find the cat poop", unfortunately that isn't always the case).

Quinn was really slow to get up this morning. He had woken up at 6:45, but I convinced him to go back to sleep and then he slept till almost 9:30. And even once he was up, he was pretty on edge so he ended up not going to church and I stayed home with him. Ginger had nursery duty at Church this morning, so she had to go and Catherine went also. From some of the stories Ginger was telling when she got back, it didn't sound like a fun time.

So after some lunch and a short nap, the kids were up and raring to go. Quinn decided he wanted to ride his bike to a park (and he had to pick the one with the most hills between us and the park). Catherine decided she wanted to stay at home with Ginger. When Quinn and I got back we had everyone outside while Ginger and I trimmed the bushes (the kids eventually helped clean up also).

Since I've been back I'm in race with the Tivo to watch the shows we missed before it decides to delete them. Apparently the Prez gave a speech last Monday night and threw off the TV schedule so I'm missing half of a show. Speaking of new shows. If you blinked you missed the fact that trailer for Mercy Reef (or the teen adventures of Aquaman as most people will know it) was briefly up on youtube before the lawyers put the copyrighted material smackdown on them and had them remove it. Since the CW network doesn't have it on the schedule, it probably will never be aired (unless it's picked up as a midseason replacement). And speaking of the CW, could they have picked a worse name for a new network? Do they even have a website for the new network yet?

I'll leave you with another of my Friday night sunset pics. This one isn't as good as the previous one in my opinion. I mean, I didn't even keep the waterline in the background straight.

No comments: