Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Good Day

Today was a good day for no other reason than nothing was jammed up either child's nose (well, that we know of anyway). Let's get the fun stuff out of the way first. Below is a short video (clocking in at just over a minute) of the first day the kids rode their bikes. I didn't do any editing and just grabbed footage, so it's not masterpiece theater by any stretch of the imagination, but I found it amusing.


Quinn And Catherine on their bikes for the first time


So back to today. While I was outside watching the kids, there was some really interesting looking cloud activity. I tried capturing it, but the fact that the sun was still prominently in the sky completely blew out my camera's white metering system, so most of the shots are worthless and look nothing like what I saw when I was taking the picture. I managed to salvage a couple shots to be at least case studies of what not to do if nothing else, but all these shots were tinkered with in Picasa to get them to their current state, although the second one is really close to the actual picture since the sun was already set at that point. Unfortunately I have a lot of shots like the first one where there's just not much you can do with it.





The kids rode their bikes some more. I let them ride up our street, then we were going to head back, but they both were 'tired' and had to take a break. I suppose I should count myself lucky that they actually stopped versus continuing on out into the road. As Quinn was riding the pedal I broke on his bike kept falling off, so it's becoming even more imperative that I go get new pedals for him soon.


2 comments:

The Dogfather said...

That's just mean to set Catherine's training wheels up so high that she's been reduced to an exercise bike!
*grin*

BullBunky said...

Yes, I think one of the issues with digital cameras is that they do get blown out highlights quite easily. Ah, but I'm sure great minds are working on this right now as we speak.