Monday, May 15, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away

Another good day as we managed to escape the majority of the rain by doing lots of activities in the morning. We started out by hitting the pool pretty early. Ginger made the mistake I made yesterday and got into the hot tub before getting into the regular pool. It feels a lot colder when you do it in that order and makes enjoying the pool really tough. The pool temperature still never got much over 70, but that still didn't feel too bad.




The kids love playing in the pool and I think they would stay in there until they turned completely into prunes if given the option. So after a good amount of time in the pool, we all hit the hot tub for a bit to warm up before going back inside.



After a bit of lunch, I was pretty much exhausted already (the hot tub really drains you of what little energy you actually have). Apparently youth plays a large part in this equation though, since both kids didn't seem to have any problems and were playing just as hard as ever. So after waiting the requisite amount of time after lunch we headed over to the beach. It was a lot more crowded today. Sunday the beach had been almost vacant. I've decided that was probably due to two reasons. One is it was a bit cold yesterday, and today, while not a lot warmer, had less wind so it gave the impression of being much warmer. And the second reason is I think a lot of houses down here are probably Sunday to Sunday, so not many people were settled in enough to get to the beach yesterday. While at the beach, Quinn and I played some paddle ball while Catherine built sand piles.



The neat thing about today was Quinn went to the water and let the surf wash over his feet. In previous years he's been terrified of the water, but this year, he seems to have no problem with it. Eventually it started to rain and we made our way back the house. It wasn't too long after we got back that the rain really started to come down, so we timed our activities just about right I think. The kids then napped and were down for a lot longer than usual (I'm thinking while they are young and full of energy, the well just eventually ran dry).

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

I admire the fact that in spite of the rain, all of your pictures have been cheery :) I haven't seen a single rain drop.

Curt Sawyer said...

It has been pouring all morning in NYC. Hard, hard rain and only 55 degrees. Yuk! Is it summer yet?

I wish I was on vacation right now.

BullBunky said...

It is sunny in San Antonio. After months of our winter rain, I'm happy to report on sunshine.