Tuesday, June 03, 2008

That's Complete Garbage


Remember a while back where we decided we were going to switch trash companies. And how that was going to take effect at the beginning of the next quarter, which would have been June 1? Guess what didn't actually happen. Mind you, I suspect they had no problem cashing the check we wrote (I should really look into that), but they haven't started service yet, because, and I'm not making this up, they can't give us a trash can. Seems the response to the offer to switch was either so good that more people switched than they had trash cans to supply to people, or they simply didn't restock in anticipation of people signing up. Either way I can't say I'm impressed. And as such we're still getting serviced by the old trash company since we can't very well have no trash service. Although now that I say that, we don't live that far from the dump. I could probably drop stuff off every so often as I take the kids to school in the morning, but for some reason I can't imagine that going over well if I float that idea past Ginger. Anyway, we're now scheduled for getting service starting next week (I wonder if they're going to credit us for the couple weeks they haven't been providing service).

And yes, I realize the picture up above has nothing what so ever to do with trash. I just found it as a picture as I was browsing some photos from last month and noticed I had flagged this one as decent but had never used it or done anything with it.

1 comment:

Buddy Tignor said...

nice shot of Liriodendron tulipifera

....hmmm a garbage company that is short on trash cans...call out the warriors there is trouble ahead.