Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday Party 2007


In addition to all the stuff we did on Saturday that night was also my company's holiday party. Everybody looked really nice and I proved that I have zero tolerance for alcohol anymore by having my feet feel overly warm after just two drinks. They had a Hollywood theme to the party with celebrity impersonators and people dressed as academy awards statues, more than a bit gratuitous I freely admit. And the food / seating situation didn't seem to be too well planned out as since when the dinner started there were still about a third of the people standing that had no where to sit. Luckily we had snagged a table with a bunch of our friends though. They also closed down the open bar at 11 which was half an hour earlier than had been publicized. What I found interesting was how upset this made some people, but I had finished my two drinks by just after 9, so it didn't bother me.

The people in attendance were much like last year. At least I look better in the photo with Ginger and myself this year (and check it out, I'm wearing possibly the exact same outfit). If nothing else an evening of just hanging out with adults with no kids around made for a fun evening. Not saying that I don't love my kids, but it's nice for Ginger and myself to be able to get out and have normal (ok, what passes for normal) conversations.


Barry and Karen managed to get out of the house for a bit without the three kids or the dog.


Pyromaniac Robert spent a lot of time using a candle to try and toast a marshmallow.


Ken and Karen also managed to sneak out of the house without Amanda.


Hey, it's KennyG and the Doberwoman. I heard Roxie was left home alone. Hope she doesn't get into as much trouble as Macaulay Culkin when he was left alone. And what's Kenny doing out at a party. Shouldn't he be at home working on that book deal for his great American novel.


Check it out, this year I managed to convince Pete to pose for a photo. Pete was a big hit later in the night as we were checking out his iPhone.

1 comment:

Curt Sawyer said...

having my feet feel overly warm after just two drinks

Loren came home from school earlier in the week and said, "I have stinky feet at school!" Guess I should have checked for alcohol...