Sunday, December 23, 2007

Like A Women


Another foggy day here. I don't think I saw the sun all day. And there was fog until almost two. After the fog dissipated it started raining pretty hard. At that time I happened to be out driving to the store, but the only thing I could think of at the time was that if it was just 30 degrees colder we would be having a really nice white Christmas in a couple days. Sadly the temperature was above 50 though, so no chance of snow there.


I managed to snap a couple pictures of the kids this morning before church. I had to take the pictures in under two minutes. Two minutes is basically my window of opportunity for taking pictures with the kids these days. Any longer than that and they totally lose interest and won't sit still or cooperate for pictures.

As we were piling in the car this morning to go to church, the radio was playing "Oh Holy Night", so I started singing along. The kids immediately yelled at me to stop and started throwing things (tough crowd). And then they told me that I "sounded like a women". Not like a woman, not like a bunch of women, but like "a women". At this point, I don't know whether that's a good thing or bad thing to sound like (I'm guessing the kid's didn't mean it as a compliment).


After church the kids helped finish off the puzzle we were working on yesterday. After that they helped Ginger bake all kinds of cookies, cakes and some fudge. I foolishly ran to the store briefly while they were baking. I only went out to pick up some cat litter but man the traffic was absolutely terrible. And I got to see the results of a couple of accidents. One had managed to push a car totally across the divided highway into the traffic going the other way. I sincerely hope everyone was okay since as bad as it would be to get into an accident right before Christmas, I can't even imagine how bad it would be if someone was seriously injured.

Speaking of people driving. Our guests should start showing up tomorrow. So it will be like Christmas is really here. No escaping it now.

No comments: