Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You Are No KITT

With a writer's strike in full swing there's very little new programming coming down the pike. And sadly what is coming down the pike is just wrong on so many levels. KITT is suppose to be a Pontiac Trans Am. I'm torn. On the one hand we get a new Knight Rider show (childhood nostalgia goes a long way). On the negative side the new KITT isn't a Trans Am anymore and is a Ford Mustang. I didn't have as much of an issue when they switched to Fords for Team Knight Rider (which was really an hour long Ford commercial). Mainly because I didn't watch that show and since none of the cars were really KITT it didn't bother me that they had switched to Fords. Having a new KITT not be a Trans Am though just seems wrong. At least the Hoff is going to be making an appearance in the new version (hopefully he won't be drunk eating hamburgers before shooting).

6 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

They should have gotten the original KITT voice guy to do the voice in the new show. Unless he is dead, of course. Guess I could always go check IMDB.

BullBunky said...

I don't get it. The article you linked to says that the main character is not named "Knight"... so what they heck does the name reference. I'm just being cranky, because I liked the campiness of the original, and I'm sure this will be darker.

I suppose they will re-make the A-Team next? Mr. T is still around :)

JamesF said...

I guess the Knight Rider name comes from the car's name since KITT apparently stands for "Knight Industries Three Thousand".

I'm still waiting on a remake of BJ and the Bear. That or Airwolf.

gaz said...

airwolf was far cooler than knight rider.
but the bee's knees was definitely magnum pi!
it just goes to show you that tv was far more original back in the day - that's why they insist on pulling them out of the sack and dusting them off.

Curt Sawyer said...

Now we have to steal everything from the BBC - The Office, Coupling, etc.

Cheryl said...

According to EW, John Singleton will bring "The A-Team" to the big screen. No word on whether or not Mr. T will make an appearance.