Saturday, December 22, 2007

And Now Ginger's Got It

Well, looks like today Ginger has contracted whatever it was that Quinn had. At least she's not throwing up though (knock on wood). So that just leaves me that hasn't gotten it yet. I feel like dead man walking. I know it's coming and there's nothing really I can do about it. And hey, two whole days till Christmas. If I haven't already gotten it I can just see getting whatever it is right on Christmas. That would just be lovely.


So we didn't really do much today except hang around the house. The kids are still fascinated with the idea of playing chess. Both Quinn and Catherine have been playing the chess game on the new (new being relative) mac computer. Today Quinn discovered the hint button under the menu options and now has been playing using that a lot. Quinn has also been pushing hard for us to play the four person chess game. We may end up playing that some tomorrow. And while Ginger was taking a nap Quinn hacked into the mac (ok, there's no password) and found the Dora game. The Dora game was a Christmas present Ginger let them have yesterday since this sickness stuff has them trapped at home all day. The other thing we did today was to start working on a puzzle. It's a pretty simple Santa drinking Coca Cola one with only 500 pieces. I could have finished it tonight, but I don't want to be accused of taking over the puzzle or being a puzzle hog (I tell you, one time years ago you take a piece and hide it so you can put in the last piece and you never hear the end of it).

As far as the new mac goes I'm having a lot of trouble determining what I need to buy in order to get it on the network. It's not just a matter of buying a wireless network card or adapter, I have to find one that has drivers that support the G5 mac using an older version of Mac OS (10.3.9). I'm dreading the thought of actually having to drive to the Mac store which is in Tysons. And I'm dreading that for a couple of reasons. The first and most obvious is the crowds. Going to Tysons Mall two days before Christmas? Ugh. The other reason is I suspect that they won't tell me if there's a cheap solution out here (like someone has drivers for a chip in a card that's cheap) and I'll have to buy all kinds of overpriced stuff.

1 comment:

Curt Sawyer said...

I know it's coming and there's nothing really I can do about it.

Sounds like it is time for a business trip!

;-)