Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Rest Of Saturday

My computer dying was only part of Saturday. One of the things we've discovered is that the kids really like the Mario / Sonic Olympic game. The problem is that it is the first four player game we've gotten where the nunchuks are also used. We have four remotes, but only two nunchuks. So this morning I decided I would get another set of nunchuks.

Me: "Okay, I'm going to the store. Do we need anything? Does anyone want to go with me?"

Quinn: "Where are you going?"

Me: "Toys 'R Us"

Quinn: "Are you going to where they sell the video games?"

Me: "Yes."

Quinn: "I'll go."

Me: "I'm shocked."

Catherine: "Daddy?"

Me: "Yes Catherine?"

Catherine: "What are you going to get at the store."

Me: "I'm going to get two more nunchuks for the Wii so we can all play the Mario / Sonic Olympic game at the same time."

Catherine: "Mommy! Daddy's going to the store to buy dump trucks."

Me: "No Catherine. They're called 'nunchuks.' Can you say 'nun'?"

Catherine: "Nun"

Me: "Chuk"

Catherine: "Truck"

Me: "Nevermind. Quinn are you ready?"

I used the free $25 gift card I got when I bought Super Mario Galaxy, so I only had to pay $15 for the two the extra nunchuks. Figured this way it would insure that I actually used that gift card rather than forgetting about it and having it expire.




But today wasn't all about playing the Wii (it was most of the day, but not all of it). We also put up the kid's Christmas tree. The kids had been asking to do this most of the day. Quinn helped put on the lights. That was fun. I've never seen the lights so tangled in the back as they were when he was finished. Catherine insisted on putting on streamers while Quinn was putting on the lights, so the streamers briefly got intermingled with the lights.


Once that task was all done the kids played on the Wii some, then Ben (self proclaimed gentleman of leisure) came over and braved the house of sick people to have dinner and play the Wii. Quinn proceeded to beat up on all of us in the running games. Quinn's getting better about not getting as upset about losing. He's just decided he would rather not play the games where he knows he won't win. Catherine also has been doing better. Although during one of the racing games she started crying really hard. I thought it was because she was losing since she was still moving the controls up and down, but it turned out that Quinn had hit her in the face with the Wii remote at the start of the race (you move the remote up start running). To her credit she never stopped playing the game and just cried while she was playing (she has her priorities I guess).

No comments: