Thursday, December 06, 2007

Snow Job


The snow did indeed result in school being delayed. The county was delayed by two hours, but the kid's school only had an hour delay.

Quinn will occasionally focus so much on whatever he's doing that he's not really paying attention to what you say to him. This is most noticeable when you ask him something. Like this morning:

Ginger: Quinn, it's cold out, do you want to wear your scarf today?

Quinn: Yes...
Quinn: No...
Quinn: Wait, I think...
Quinn: Actually, I don't know.




Sadly I neglected taking into account the time it was going to take to scrape all the snow and ice off my car this morning before we left. The kids played out in the snow some while I was busy scraping. I did grab a couple pics of them as they were shoveling the snow in the front yard. They desperately wanted to build snow forts, but the snow that hadn't frozen into ice was nothing but powder, so it's not a packable snow.






And tonight was the dress rehearsal for the church's Christmas concert. Tonight Catherine decided she wanted to go want the practice, so we all ended up going. I also took the D70 tonight since last time I only had the handheld Nikon. I got pictures that turned out a lot better than I would have expected. This was without a flash and shooting from the back of the auditorium. I did crank the ISO setting up t0 640, but it didn't introduce as much grain or noise into the shots as I was expecting. Tomorrow night is the first concert. The only problem with this is the practice and the concert will be keeping him up really late. And he's still getting up at his normal time, so over the next couple of days he'll probably be on edge as he gets less sleep than he normally does. It would be nice to force him to take a nap on Saturday, but with all the plans we have for that day, it doesn't look like that's going to be happening.

No comments: