Sunday, December 16, 2007

Moving The Old TV


Ginger's parent's headed home today. But not before Ginger, the kids and them went out to lunch at Coastal Flats. Since they were also going to be going shopping I decided to skip this outing. And I will add that while Ginger and I went to my company's holiday party last night, Ginger's parents took the kids out to eat. And people think I'm making it up when I say Ginger's Mom likes to eat out when she's up here.

The other big event of the day was moving the 60 inch rear projection television from upstairs to the basement. To assist in this Herculean effort I enlisted the aid of Ben, who was coming over to drop off the Mac computer of his we're buying. Our first idea was that we were going to take the TV outside, around the house and into the basement. And I even spent about an hour outside before Ben came over taking apart the sliding door to the basement. Then once Ben was here we revisited the idea of taking the TV down the stairs. Mind you, it was just the two of us. Somehow that was the course of action we decided on and since it was my TV I felt like I should be on the bottom since if it fell and crushed whoever was on the bottom it didn't seem fair that it would be Ben since it wasn't his TV. Believe it or not the idea of taking pictures of this event was mentioned, but I didn't like the idea since the pictures could have simply been a reminder to me of how I made such a foolish decision and had paralyzed or killed myself. Somehow (and I'm still not exactly sure how to be honest) we managed to get the television down the stairs and no one was injured (although there were a couple of times I was sure I was about to slip from the weight and thought the whole thing was going to come crashing down on me). Now that the television is in the basement, I've decided if we ever sell the house that TV will be conveying to the new owners. I don't want to deal with moving that thing again. And now that I've said that, you just watch and see if it doesn't up and die on me just to spite me and I'll be force to move it again.

Once the TV was all situated Ginger set it up and hooked up all the cables. While she was doing that I headed outside and reconnected all the pieces of the sliding door I had taken apart. After that we felt we had to test the television out and hooked up the Wii to play some. At this point Quinn hadn't tried any new foods and was going to be missing out. What all the adults found amusing was as Catherine, Ben and I started playing Quinn started yelling to Ginger "Mom, I need something new to try right now!" Ginger headed upstairs and fixed him a jelly sandwich. Now I know you're thinking how could that possibly be something new, but the child has steadfastly refused to eat a anything with jelly on it in the past. But lo and behold when tempted with the sweet sweet desire of getting in some Wii play action he ate a full fourth of a jelly sandwich, with no gagging or making faces I'm told (I didn't witness this for myself as I was downstairs at the time getting the snot beat out of by Ben on the free fall game in Mario Sonic Olympics). I plan on offering it to him as something he can eat a couple more times and having it qualify for some Wii play and I'm hoping we'll have added something new to the child's diet. I have to admit, getting him to try new foods this way is so much easier than before where it was a huge battle for everyone. I wonder if I could sell our story to Nintendo for advertising purposes in exchange for some free games.

No comments: