Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Was Today A Promotion "The Mist"?


It was foggy this morning. In fact, it was foggy most of the morning actually. Didn't clear up until after 11 or so. Wish I could have been out taking more pictures of stuff instead of stuck in the office writing conops.


Curt's comment yesterday about hiding my new game somewhat shamed me into thinking I should be working on the cabinet handles. So once I got home tonight I worked on them until the drill ran out of power. Then I let it recharge and around midnight I started working on them again. Overall I made some really good progress today and got 23 handles replaced and I fixed three of the handles that were only partially on from yesterday. Sadly though after working on the handles I wanted to decompress some, so I started watching a movie and now it is closing in on 4 am and I still haven't gotten to bed (I'm dreading tomorrow at this point).


In case people are wondering what the big change is, the above is a picture of the old handles (gold) and the new handles (silverishy). And if you're wondering why we need new handles (I'll admit, I wondered), it's because of this. The new faucet we installed is Silver, whereas the old one was white. So now the gold cabinet handles clashed with the faucet and something had to give. Why we didn't just buy a gold faucet instead is beyond me since that would have required a lot less work on my part. Actually, it isn't beyond me, now that I think about it I believe it was because Ginger didn't like the gold color and (more importantly) the handles were the ones that were originally installed in the house and are experiencing some serious chipping of color in various places. Guess that explains it.

3 comments:

BullBunky said...

I'm a big fan of the NEW handles. They look quite stylish.

Anonymous said...

Yea, Much more modern.

How about you show Ginger how to replace the handles herself, and you go play Mario?

Anonymous said...

Love the new handles! Good call Ginger. They're very similar to the ones I got for Loren's closet doors.