Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Got Gas


Ginger's parents, her grandmother, her brother and her parent's dog all arrived today. Since we have people up we may want to grill out. As you may recall a while back when we were grilling out we ran out of propane, so I had to go swap the tank. I went by Wal-Mart to simply swap the tank. I've done it before and it was a fairly painless process. The sign above shows exactly how easy the process should be. The last time I did it was over a year ago and it was during the summer when I assume more people swap tanks.

So when I went to swap the tanks, I got sent from the Lawn and Garden section (where the tanks are) up to the front of the store. There was a cash register in the Lawn and Garden section, but the lady manning it didn't want to open the register. Fine, no problem. I walk across the store, stand in line, buy my refill and walk all the way back. The lady behind the Lawn and Garden register walks me out to the tanks. After fumbling around for a bit she tels me it's locked and they need to get a manager to open it. Ok, guess that's fine. Not like I have a choice in the matter. Five minutes drag by, then ten, then fifteen and finally the manager guy shows up. We walk out and he spends about three minutes trying all his keys on the lock and none of them work. Now I get told to hold on and he'll go find the key. Five minutes later he comes back with the lady from the register and it turns out she's had the key at her register the entire time. *sigh*


So in light of my wonderful experience I have reworked their sign for replacing a tank as it should be. I think mine's much more reflective of reality.

3 comments:

Buddy Tignor said...

now that is funny! The mock informational poster....not your customer experience :-)

JamesF said...

Thanks, making it took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Barry said...

nice