Sunday, November 11, 2007

Soft Apple Slices, It's A Start


Catherine returned home today. She's pretty much exhausted and on edge now. Quinn's pretty close to that himself. I blame the recent time change. The kids internal clocks have them continuing to get up at the same "time" in relation to the sun coming up as they used to, which is now by the clock is a full hour before they used to get up. But their "bed time" hasn't changed (so that's effectively an hour later than it used to be). The net result is every day they're bleeding an hour of sleep they used to get. So over time they seem to get more and more on edge. So today when Ginger went to pick up Catherine I tried to get Quinn to take a nap, but he only ended up sleeping for maybe a half an hour. I'm guessing if they continue to get up really early they'll just have to start going to bed earlier. The only problem with that is that I'll never get to see them (since I work late sometimes as it is, by the time I get home now a lot of times I've missed dinner and they're getting ready for bed).


Nana came up for the stamp camp that Ginger went to last night, so she was here today. Her laptop is having issues in that it reboots on startup, even in safe mode. I don't have a windows boot disk, so I couldn't do much to see what the problem was. Any have an experience with that type of symptom? It seems to get past the loading screen and reboots right about the time it would throw up the login screen.

The good thing about Nana being up though is that Quinn really likes to play the Wii with her (okay, he likes to play the Wii with just about anyone, or play it alone, but it helps the story to mention he likes playing with Nana, so just go with it). Anyway, our new rule around here is that to play the Wii Quinn has to try something new. One "try something new" equates to about 10 minutes of play time. And if we ever get a food he tries and likes (meaning he'll eat a whole helping of it without making faces and gagging) then he gets the Mario Soccer game for the Wii. At the current rate the next version of the soccer game will be out before he gets this one, but he did try sliced apples today. Of course they're like premium sliced apples and expensive as all get out. And they're made by a company that doesn't follow good allergen risk reducing presence practices so Ginger doesn't like having their products in the house (even though I'm addicted to their dried cherries). But it's something new that maybe over time he'll start eating regularly. He eventually ate a whole slice (lots and lots of little bites) and got to play some Wii Sports with Nana.


I didn't end up taking any kid pictures today, but I have a lot of random pictures I've taken over the past couple of months that I haven't shared. So I'll start doing that every now and then. The two pictures below are from today where I strolled around the backyard looking for photo opportunities. The ones up above are just various shots from the past month.



1 comment:

gaz said...

nice shot of the balloons.