Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tree Decorating


Catherine had a birthday party this morning that started at ten. That's way too early. It was for a classmate of Catherine's at school, and it just so happens that girl's older brother is in Quinn's class, so Quinn got invited at the last minute also. Which would have meant lots of extra sleep for me, except this morning my alarm went off at seven. I didn't hear it, but Ginger did as she punched me to take care of it. After that I had a hard time getting back to sleep. So I wandered around outside for a bit and took pictures of the morning frost. A lot of pictures. The problem is I only liked how a few of the pictures turned out.




Once the kids returned home from the brithday party and we had some lunch and then Nana left. So now all of our Thanksgiving visitors have been given the boot (uhhh, I mean have left peacefully of their own accord). After that we went ahead and decorated the Christmas tree upstairs. The kids got new ornaments. Quinn got a Lowe's NASCAR ornament while Catherine got a set with Dora, Boots and Diego. No time lapsed video of the event this year like the one I made last year. Although that was for the kids tree, so maybe once we put that one up I might do that again.








From an artist point of view, I think I like the shots of the kids in front of the tree without the flash better than the ones with the flash. But at the same time, I'm glad to have the shots with the flash also for posterity.


At one point I set up the camera on the tripod and put it into remote mode. I then let Quinn have the remote and had him take his own picture. Most of the shots looked a lot of like the one above. With him striking some action shot usually.


Finally, got a shot of the tree with all the ornaments on it (minus the dove / star). Ginger and I finished putting our ornaments on after the kids went to bed. When we first started putting ornaments on the tree, I foolishly thought with a nine foot tree we would have more than enough room for all of our ornaments. That theory quickly got put to bed though as we still managed to run out of room. I suspect if we had the tree in the middle of the room and put ornaments all the way around it instead of just half of it, then maybe there would be room for all of our ornaments. And in case I'm being too subtle, I'm trying to say we have a lot of Christmas ornaments.

3 comments:

Scott said...

tree looks real nice!

BullBunky said...

I really like the shots of the kids in front of the tree...the glow shots. A nice twist on the traditional shots!

gaz said...

i concure - the 'glow shots' are very cool. not unlike something from a story book.