Thursday, November 29, 2007

Costumed Comedy

I borrowed My Super Ex-Girlfriend from KennyG (who apparently watched while writing his great American novel). It was highly entertaining. Now take that with a grain of salt since I'm a comic book aficionado. But takes nice little subtle digs ("Jenny Jones, you have that whole alliteration thing going") at the whole super hero genre while throwing in lots of jokes at the same time. What makes this different than a normal super hero tale is the hero (heroine actually) is a portrayed as, well, let's be generous and just say slightly emotionally unstable. It made for an interesting movie with lots of subtle sarcasm jokes. And the fact that the guy that plays Dwight in The Office is here as the main guy's friend makes it even better. Maybe it's the fact that I went into the movie with fairly low expectations, but the movie worked for me and was entertaining. Props to Kennyg for letting me borrow it and saving one of my Netflix rentals (which sadly I still haven't watched my last rental Ocean's Thirteen and I got it before Thanksgiving).

1 comment:

The Dogfather said...

And now Ocean's 13? Maybe you should just email me your updated netFlix listings...
*grin*
I'm sure I can beat their rates!

LOL