Monday, November 12, 2007

I've Got A Handle On It


My new home project that I'm working on is replacing the crappy cheap handles on all the cabinets and drawers with newer cheap handles. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, except there are more than 60 handles in the kitchen that need to be replaced (after two nights at it I've got about 14 of the new handles installed). And let me tell you, even if you buy the cheap handles at around $5 a pop the cost adds up. The biggest problem so far is that whoever did the screws before didn't always line them up properly, so sometimes it requires drilling / widening a screw hole in order to get the screws for the handle to go in properly. The other problem is I need longer screws than what comes with the new handles for the drawers since it's going through more wood in the drawers than it does on the cabinet doors. Did I mention this project needs to be completed before Thanksgiving?


Since I'm not going to put up pictures of handles, I'll throw up a few more random shots from the past month or so. The top shot is more from the backyard. The one directly above is the projector in the planetarium at the Maryland Science Center (Quinn described it as looking like a two headed spider). And the bottom shot is from the football field / track from back when Quinn was taking tennis lessons.


And in case anyone is wondering, no I never did finish that last project of fixing the weather strip on the door in the laundry room. I really need to get that done somehow since it's getting colder now at night. As it is I imagine we're just heating part of the outside now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

> we're just heating part of the outside now

So *you're* the one who has been warming the planet!??!?!?