Thursday, November 15, 2007

As Done As I Can Be


Catherine missed school today for an unscheduled trip to the doctor's office. She's been complaining for the past several days that her ear hurts and that she was hearing an echo. A quick trip to the doctor's office and we find out that it's nothing really serious and she just and a large amount of wax built up in the ear. So once that was cleared out she said she felt much better. And I will also add that she apparently really enjoyed not going to school.

In the interest of full disclosure Ginger wanted me to mention that the new cabinet handles are not actually $5 each like I stated a couple nights ago, but rather under $4 and possibly closer to $3 apiece. The cost still adds up though when you're dealing with 66 of them. That said I believe I can declare victory in the war against the cabinet handles. I replaced another 15 tonight and I only have two left to replace, and one needs to have the holes redrilled and the cordless drill ran out of power in the middle of doing that. The other is more problematic, simply because I've run out of handles (we apparently miscounted when we were getting them and bought one too few). Even so, for all intents and purposes I believe this task is finished (now watch, when I replace that last one the drawer will fall apart or something). And since the task is finished, I can return to Super Mario Galaxy. I've already accumulated 11 stars, out of how many total I have no idea though so who knows if I'm doing well or not.

1 comment:

gaz said...

like the photo.
glad to see you're on top of things again.
as a friend once said to me, "keep farting about - being grown up is overrated."
good to see you putting that into practice. :-)