Sunday, November 04, 2007

Serene Sunday


Today seemed a bit low key compared to yesterday. Ginger had nursery (1 to 3 year olds) again this morning and was short on helpers, so I ended up helping also. I fully expect to be sick in 2 to 3 days considering all the kids in the class are basically little petri dishes of diseases. After church was over we headed home for lunch, and eventually we managed to get outside and play around in the woods some.

I've been a bit disappointed with the changing leave colors this year. It's as if the higher than normal temperatures over summer and the lack of significant rainfall made it so the leaves just fell off rather than going through any significant color change. Don't get me wrong, there's still some trees that have pretty vibrant colors, but at the same time a lot of trees still have green leaves and those don't seem to be changing color versus just falling off. It almost has to be related to the warmer than normal temperatures this summer I suspect (and as I said, the lack of rain probably didn't help).


Later we decided to go take a look at the newly opened Patriot Park. Looks like the new stuff for the park is just a soccer / football field and a baseball / softball field and no new playground area for kids.






But the Mott Community Center located adjacent to the park has a playground, so we let the kids play on that for a while. I believe we weren't suppose to be using the playground though since signs say not to use the area if the Center isn't open (which it isn't on Sundays). Live and learn I suppose. I'm not sure I see the rationale for not allowing people to use the playground on Sundays, especially now that it looks like lots of people will be showing up to use the new fields and some may want an area to keep younger kids entertained.










I'm really wish that last picture had turned out better. Unfortunately it looked perfectly in focus in the itty bitty viewfinder, so I missed the fact that it picked the wrong area to really focus. I really need to just set the camera into continuous focus mode when taking pictures of the kids. The mode it's now where it tries to guess the closest item to use for focusing purposes seems to guess wrong too many times. Like in the shot above I'm fairly certain it picked the collar of his shirt as the focus area for some reason.

No comments: