Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jam Session


Grammy arrived today. She's up all this week until Friday when she'll head back to Richmond with Catherine in tow (Catherine's going to attend the ballet in Richmond this weekend). One of the reasons Grammy is up this week is because the kids are only in school half days this week, and conveniently she'll also be able to watch the kids tomorrow after school while Ginger and I go and attend parent teacher conferences for both kids.


And even though Grammy is up we ate dinner in tonight. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I mean, Grammy here and we're eating in? That's just odd. After dinner the kids had an impromptu jam session (and I'm guessing from conversations I picked up that it occurred before I got home for dinner also). Quinn was showing off the mini piano lesson Grammy had given him today, and Catherine was lead vocals when Ginger and Grammy accompanied them on the guitar and drums respectively.


Quinn got a "present" from Grammy and Pop Pop. It's a desk for his room. Now he can do his homework in his room versus using Ginger's stamping desk in the guest room. I'm sure there's some story behind the desk about how old it is and how it used to belong to someone else. And I'm just as sure that Ginger probably already told me what it was at some point and it went in one ear and out the other. Maybe she'll update the post with the info if she's feeling motivated.

Added by Ginger - - - Hello? Can you hear me? The desk was Grammy's she used it for homework as well. Pop Pop refinished the desk for Quinn so it is just like new!

No comments: