Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm A Plumber (Maybe)


It only took about two hours (which included on more spontaneous trip to Home Depot), but the new faucet is installed. I went ahead and replaced both the old valves since I was in there. I'm hesitant to claim victory just yet though, since last time I did that it turned out there was a leak and it ended up costing even more to repair the water damaged drywall. But this time I know what to look for, so I'm feeling a bit more confident. That and I've gone back and checked several times now and I've seen no signs of any leaking at all. The only minor problem I had was when I turned off the main water line, that connector started leaking for a bit (which in the back of my mind I saw this whole thing turning into a scene out of a movie like the Money Pit or something). But it seems to not be leaking now, so it's all good.

Once I finally finished with the faucet there was only enough time for us to watch one TV show, Heroes (which finally returned to the airwaves tonight after being off for about six weeks) or Drive. Like there was really any choice. But boo to the fact that even though I set up the TiVo to record an extra minute of Heroes it still didn't get the very last bit. So now I'll have to wait till it's up online just to see what I missed in what was probably the last five seconds. Anyway, I have this sneaky feeling that Drive is going to end up going the way of previous Tim Minear shows (like Angel, Firefly, Wonderfalls, all of which is a fancy way of saying it'll probably be canceled soon).

5 comments:

gaz said...

nice faucet (or 'tap' as we call 'em.)

Barry said...

You want to fix my faucet. Karen's calling a (new) plumber today.

JamesF said...

Barry: You want to fix my faucet.

Heck yea! You know how much plumbers make an hour?

Buddy Tignor said...

no picture of plumber's crack...I am disappointed

JamesF said...

Buddy: no picture of plumber's crack...I am disappointed

Then you're probably the only one. No one needs to see that.