Sunday, November 25, 2007

Train Ride And A Headless Snowman


So recently Catherine has been really into Strawberry Shortcake. Which I know sounds so 80s, but I do think the brand is trying to make a comeback. Anyway, Ginger found a Strawberry Shortcake ornament, but they aren't at Hallmark stores, but rather at Carlton Cards (Hallmark store's illegitimate little brother). There aren't a lot of Carlton Cards in the area anymore. They seem to be a dying breed. The closest on is at Dulles Town Center, which is a good 15 miles away. So after church we started on a road trip to Dulles Town Center.

We we ate at Red Robin before heading to the mall. The mall wasn't anywhere near as crowded as I thought it would be. I think I can probably thank the Redskins for that. They were playing between 1 and 4 which meant the mall probably had a lot less people than might have been there. Quinn has really developed a fondness for the Redskins. It's not something I've encouraged, but it's there. When we were at Red Robin, the game was on, and Tampa scored and touchdown and Quinn kept telling me "They cheated." When I asked how they cheated he said they got the ball really close to the goal. I had to explain that was because of a fumble, and the guys in the black and white uniforms were out there to make sure that no one was cheating. To be honest, this didn't really change his opinion any and he's convinced they cheated and that's why they were winning.


The one thing I didn't know was that the mall had a small train that runs around through the mall. And somehow the kids convinced us we needed to go ride it.


Once we got home the kids wanted to put up Frosty. In fact Quinn told us as we were approaching home that I could help the kids put up Frosty and Ginger could go cook dinner. Somehow we've ended up raising a kid with gender role expectations (I can't help but think that's partly my fault). We decided we would all put up the outside decorations, so being of sound mind (i.e. not drunk nor hopped up on meth, see the last comment here to understand that) we acquiesced and erected the inflatable Frosty and our outside lights (recycling a joke from last year in the process). We were apparently the slowpokes in our little cul de sac neighborhood seeing as how both of our neighbors had their holiday stuff up on Friday.


Where's his head? It's the headless snowman!


Oh wait, there it is.






Ta dah! The finished product.

1 comment:

gaz said...

i can't believe it's a year since the snowman joke!