Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Promise Is A Promise


So when I took the kids to school this morning, Quinn really wanted to take his camera. So I let him. And then when I dropped him off he told me he was going to take pictures of any of the baby chicks that hatched and he wanted me to put them up on the blog. Foolishly at this point I agreed. So tonight when I'm looking through the pictures Quinn took with his camera I see one picture of the chicks and it's horribly out of focus and not what I would call composed well at all (I think there's a chick in the picture, but I can't be completely sure of it). He took one picture of the chicks. One. That's it, one. And he didn't even get an entire chick in the picture (at least I don't think he did). I think he took ten of various things on the way to school. I see pictures of stoplights, stores, signs, the back of the seat in front of him, and let's not forget a couple of his feet. But just one picture of the chicks. I did promise him though, so there's the chick pic (possibly).


After school the kids evidently went over to Perry's house. Looks like they played on an inflatable water slide / kiddie pool. I could have sworn it rained this afternoon, but based on the pictures I saw, the ground didn't appear to be wet, so this must have been almost immediately after Quinn got out from school. And isn't the picture quality just great? That would be because Quinn's small digital camera has three setting on the top for picture quality (for low, medium and high resolution photos). Quinn keeps putting the camera into the lowest quality mode, because (and I'm not making this up), when he does that, the number of pictures it says the camera can take is the biggest. So apparently it's more important to have a big number on camera stats than it is to take better pictures. And yes, I've explained that the picture quality is better in the higher resolution mode, but he doesn't care, because then the number is small (it is only in the 200s, whereas in the low resolution mode the number is well over 1,000).




Since I've got nothing else at the moment, I'll go ahead and include a couple of shots I took when I attended Jo Beth's graduation down at JMU. Nothing too good here, but I liked the idea of a couple of the shots if not the execution. There was construction in the background, which is why you can see orange in the shot with the chairs (actually you could see the orange through the slots in the bench also, which is why I changed that shot to black and white).

2 comments:

Scott said...

Nice composition on some of those shots.

gaz said...

lets have a butchers at the other pics quinn took then! see if they are a match for his dads.

i like the chairs btw.
whenever i'm trying to take shots like that i get looks that say "why is that man taking photos of fold-up chairs?".
some people don't see the artistic nature of some everyday situations do they my fellow photographonics? ;-)