Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bun In The Oven


The above picture is of Catherine and one of her Barbie dolls. The reason for this photo op was because this was the first time Catherine redid the hair on one of the dolls all by herself. I've been told by Ginger that this is a big deal.

And as I write this, the time is 11:30 pm (ish) and Ginger and I are making banana bread. And no, that's not a euphemism in case you're wondering (although it sounds like it should be). The reason for this is Ginger is the homeroom mother for Quinn's class at school. Tonight she just found out next week at school is Teacher Appreciation week. But wait, you say that next week isn't actually Teacher Appreciation week? That it was actually a couple weeks ago? Well, that's true. But while Teacher's Appreciation week was a couple weeks ago, since the time was conflicting with impending Mother's Day, they decided to move the time of celebrating it to a later date. Not sure when someone decided it would be this week that it was going to be celebrated, but no one bothered to inform Ginger of this event and she only found out by getting an email from the homeroom mother in Catherine's class. So because part of Ginger's responsibilities is to provide breakfast for the teachers during the week of Teacher's Appreciation Week that means we're baking some bread right now (still not a euphemism).

It's now after midnight. Here's where it gets good. Ginger has long since gone to bed and I'm now solely in charge of taking it out of the oven. The decision of whether it was cooked enough has been left up to me and my cooking abilities (or lack thereof). So, in light of that, I would like to go ahead and apologize to Quinn's teachers in advance. You think I'm joking, but I already managed to get a first degree burn just by testing the bread to see if it was done. I ended up accidentally touching one of the heating rods and now I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a hot poker from Jack Bauer (even if only ever so briefly).


Now that it's closing in on 1 AM, I went ahead and snapped a picture of the final product. Must... get... some... sleeZzzzzzzzz.....

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Did you change the title of this post from when you originally put it up?

Having "Bun In The Oven" and then a picture of your daughter is just plain wrong...

JamesF said...

I did not change the title.

And yea, the way it worked out wasn't ideal, but I was going for shock value with people 'thinking' that possibly Ginger was pregnant, but that apparently didn't exactly go as planned.

BullBunky said...

Oh James...we don't fall for your tricks :)