Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Am I Blue?


Catherine helped Ginger make blueberry muffins today. Problem was instead of simply folding the berries into the batter Catherine mixed them in. And mixed, and mixed, and mixed. So what we got were blue blueberry muffins (now with even more blue). I'm sure the berries are still in there somewhere, it's just they're evenly distributed throughout the muffins now. At least the sugar crumb stuff on top isn't blue also.




Catherine wore a couple of really cute outfits today. But since her eczema is so bad recently none full body shots look too good (and yes, I realize I could try and airbrush it out, but then it's not a real picture of Catherine, plus, that's like work). I also tried recreating that shot of Quinn from yesterday, but no luck on that front either. I got the one shot up above that I think is marginal at best, but that was it.

And we watched what was very likely the series finale of Veronica Mars tonight. It was a two hour finale. Which is a fancy way of saying that played two completely independent one hour episodes back to back. Unfortunately they thought the series might be returning and ended with a very minor cliffhanger. But the network in their infinite wisdom decided that the reality TV show the Search for the Next Pussycat Doll was able to get more viewers per dollar. Notice I didn't say more viewers, just that the cost ratio aspect is lower for Pussycats (probably because it doesn't look like it costs anything at all to make that show). Veronica Mars was a fun ride while it lasted. Season one was probably one of the best seasons of television I've seen (I would put it on par with the good years of Buffy and Angel). The first season was easily the best of the three and each subsequent season was slightly inferior to the previous one. I blame a lot of that on the fact that in the third season they never got a full season pick up and were prevented from doing one season long story arc (they compensated by having mini arcs to fill out the additional episodes as they were ordered). That's still not saying any of the seasons were bad per se, and they were still better than a lot of the other crap I watched on television (I'm looking at you BSG season 3). So now the search begins to find what show if any will replace Veronica Mars next year. Gonna be tough though since Veronica was one of those rare shows that both Ginger and I looked forward to watching. New Amsterdam looks potentially promising since it appears to have aspects I think we both might like.

No comments: