Monday, May 14, 2007

Playing Around In Gimp


For the first time in a long while it's been a day without a significant event occurring. Sure Catherine had a playdate and ballet, but that's all somewhat normal. So tonight after I watched the penultimate episode of the Heroes for this season (they've got a lot to wrap up next week), I played around with Gimp and tried my hand at some lightsaber effects. It turned out okay, but nothing spectacular. I was reading on how people do the video effects, and from what I can tell they export the video frame and frame and edit each and every frame and then reimport the stills. That sounds unbelievable painful and majorly time consuming, so don't be looking for that anytime soon (unless I get really bored at some point).


And this one is a shot I had sitting around that apparently I didn't think was good enough to post a couple weeks ago, but now that I need some content, it's looking better.

No comments: