Friday, May 04, 2007

Get Thee To A Comic Book Store!

Quinn's still down in Richmond, he attended the Busch race tonight. Meanwhile back here I don't know what's up with Catherine, but she slept really late this morning (till almost 8:30). We had to eventually force to wake up so she could get to school and then tonight she went to bed around 6:30 (although she probably wasn't asleep until around seven). But I'm sure since tomorrow is Saturday she'll get up bright and early.

Speaking of tomorrow, I hereby do formally give notice that tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day. Easily one of the best holidays of the year (ok, technically not a holiday, but still a pretty darn good day). You can check out this year's list of titles (with cover images) here. Sadly I probably won't even have time to make it by a comic shop tomorrow, but I really wish I could. This year's list of titles looks pretty darned impressive. In past years a lot of companies would simply repackage a story they had already sold previously as the free comic, but this year there are a bunch of comics that will contain all new content. Like a new Spider-Man comic that's drawn by Phil Jimenez (take my word for it, that guy is a pretty talented artist). Marvel is also putting out a comic that has three separate short stories with Hulk, Iron Man and a humorous Franklin Richards story. For some reason though, DC figured they wouldn't put out any new content and are simply repacking stories. And to make matters worse, the stories are like part one of seven, so you don't even get the whole story (Boooooo DC)! On the plus side there's a free comic called Pirates VS. Ninjas, who wouldn't want that comic? Yep, lots of good stuff this year, I'm hoping they have some leftovers by the time I can actually make it in. Find a shop near you and stop by. And in case you're worried there are only books for the more mature kids, nope, they have all ages books like Owly & Korgi. And did I mention it's free?

And here's a photo from the other night when John was here. We got to talking about my hand held Nikon, and John was trying to convince me how good the camera is. It only took a couple of normal shots for me to disprove that theory. But there are some things the little camera does do really well. One of those things is macro shots. John and I had a macro photo shoot off, me with the hand held Nikon, him with his powerhouse Nikon D200 (it's just like David vs Goliath, except for not really being like it at all). I don't know who won, but this was my entry. I'm still waiting to see his.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condensation outside of a beer glass perhaps?

JamesF said...

Oh, I never mentioned what it was. You're exactly right, except for the beer part. It was just water.

BullBunky said...

Well, i didnt get a clear shot out of it...so you win my default :) Its a great shot, by the way.