Monday, December 04, 2006

The Light Makes My Head Hurt!

So this was the post intended for Sunday, but due to events described further down, I never quite managed to get to the computer to put up an entry for yesterday. Raise your hands if you even noticed. Anyone? Anyone at all. Bueller? Bueller? Yea, that's what I thought.

What happens when Ginger's sick and Catherine needs to get dressed? Why her Daddy just let's her pick out her own clothes. Really, what could go wrong with that plan? The good news for Sunday was that Ginger appeared to be on the mend. She's was still feeling weak (even today), but it appears the fever part had broken and she was doing much better. Still not completely better yet, but much much improved.

As Sunday progressed, we once again started going stir crazy in the house. And since the kids weren't really interested in taking a nap, I took them to the grocery store thinking I could give Ginger some rest time. Wegman's was pretty packed, but no more so than is normal these days for a weekend trip. Plus we got to take a couple of interesting pictures.




On the way home we drove around our neighborhood and looked at some of the Christmas lights that have been put up. Things were going pretty good until I got home. When I got home and came inside I noticed that the light was really making my head hurt and that I had huge flashy spots everywhere in my peripheral vision. Basically all the warning signs of an impending migraine. I've been pretty lucky and hadn't had one of these for over a year now. I quickly took some of the migraine medicine that I had been given last time I went to the doctor about this, but it didn't seem to help at all. The next couple of hours were spent in intense blinding pain feeling like my eye sockets had something on the inside of them trying to push it's way out. Add the dry heaves into this mix and it wasn't what you would call a pleasant experience. Luckily after several hours of this the pain subsided enough to the point where I was able to fall asleep for a couple of hours. Once I woke up my head still hurt, but now it only felt like a really intense headache. I briefly thought about going downstairs and getting something to eat at that point, but then decided that I still felt like crap and just was too tired so I tried going back to sleep. It wasn't what I would call 'good' sleep. I was waking up every hour or so, but it beat the alternative of not being able to sleep due to the intense pain. All I can say is it's a really good thing Ginger was feeling at least somewhat better so she could take over watching the kids at that time, otherwise I'm not sure what we would have done.

I felt a tad better this morning. Enough to attempt to go to work for a while. Ginger was feeling better also, but was in still in recovery mode where she would run out of energy if she tried to do too much too quickly. I made it through half the day at work before I decided to head home and work from home for the rest of the day. The network at work was completely b0rked anyway, so it's not like I could have actually done anything other than what I worked on at home anyway. In fact, due to the network issues, I probably got more done at home than I would have at work. Here's hoping by tomorrow the pain in my right eye socket goes away entirely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what had happened to you!
it really knocks things our of synch when *both* of you get ill doesn't it?
here's to you all being back at full health asap.

Scott said...

Sorry to hear about the headaches... a day without the statistically insignificant musings of Jamesf is... well... just not quite as fulfilling.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't have one of those alien things in your skull trying to burst out?

;-)

I know, I know - migraines suck.